Stand 13 - Pavillion
Booking your car hire can be problematic, but Indigo Car Hire has given us a check list of some handy tips on how to make your car hire experience stress free.
-When booking your car hire always ask if the price is fully inclusive. Are there any additional charges that will be added when you collect the car? For example, additional insurance or fuel charges.
- Always ask what the insurance excess amount is, this is the amount you have to pay in the event the car is damaged. This can range from £500.00 to £1000.00 depending on your supplier.
- Ask if you have the option to reduce the insurance excess, and what the daily cost to do this is. Bear in mind most companies will give you a daily fee but remember they may be quoting you a cost before VAT is added to make the cost sound cheaper.
- Make sure you fully understand the collection procedure of how to collect the car as some car hire companies the offer car hire at the airport are not always based inside the terminal building. You may have to call a telephone number on arrival or met in a certain area at the airport.
- Make sure you know exactly what ID you need to have with you, if you have a UK Drivers Licence you must have the counterpart of you licence as well as the photo card.
- Always ask how much deposit will be taken when you arrive, as this can range between £150.00 - £750.00. Any if you do not have the available funds on your credit card the car hire company will not supply the car to you.
- When collecting the car, make sure you read the rental agreement/paperwork you are signing and make sure the amount you are signing for is the amount you were quoted. Make sure no additional extras have been added without your consent as once you have signed the agreement you have agreed to the charges.
- Have a good walk around the car and make sure any damage is noted on the paperwork. If not, get the damage details added. Don´t take no for an answer.
- Make sure before taking the car hire the fuel is at the agreed level, also make sure you understand what fuel should be in the car when you return.
- When returning the car hire, make sure you get a staff member to check the car and agree there is no damage so you can leave knowing that no damage charges will be added.
Indigo Car Hire works with over 450 different Car Hire suppliers worldwide and they make sure their customers get the best possible customer service. By following the above points you can rest assured you will have a pleasant experience when you next hire a car with any car rental company.
In this “Age of Austerity” Indigo Car Hire can help you make your pennies go further on your trip to the UK with their cracking £109.00 per week car hire special for January, February and March. The offer is available at the following airports: Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Stansted, Luton, Bristol, Gatwick, Cardiff, Southampton, and Birmingham.
It is based on the hire of a Peugeot 107 or similar and the price includes VAT, Insurance, unlimited mileage and breakdown cover.
If you would like a no-obligation quote, please ring the head office in Leeds on 00 44 113 308 2016 or visit the website on www.indigocarhire.co.uk